I really love food. Apparently, too much food can be a bad thing. I hear exercise can counteract that problem. I run so I can eat. Thus, I love to run.
Is it bad that I am looking forward to August already? I mean, I am enjoying July and all, but there is so much planned in August. In July, I was excited for our trip to go get Nate. Now we have him, so I am excited for the next things.
- Coloma 10k (first 10k ever!)
- My cousin’s baby shower (I don’t get to see this family as often as I would like)
- My birthday Aug 7 (33!)
- Peyten’s birthday Aug 8 (the big 3!)
- Pulse Fest with the Youth group
- (and if we don’t end up going to Pulse Fest) South Haven 5k - this was my first 5k ever, 2 years ago
- Vacation Bible School
- Rockford, MI 5k with my cousin and hopefully with my brother as well
- Berrien County Fair with the whole family
- Mark’s birthday (35!)
- Kid’s go to Oma and Opa’s
- (if I can afford it) Grand Rapids Mud run
- And then something I have been looking forward to since last year….going to the Abbey with my sister!! Last year we spent a weekend at an Abbey and we decided to make it a tradition. (here is last year’s recap, if you are interested. And pictures, including lots of food porn) We spend the weekend in a cottage by ourselves. We walk to the church to worship with the monks many times a day. We make our own food and have a lot of fun with that. Last year, we got the majority of our food from the farmer’s markets. We take naps, go for walks, do puzzles, and read. I even got a couple runs in. The monks have an excellent library. There is no internet and the cell reception is crappy, so we have no choice but to unwind and reflect. It is magical.
And since my sister and I are both lifeoholics, it is much needed. I have a husband, 4 kids, and 3 jobs. Mindy has a husband, 2 kids, a full time job, and goes to school. We keep pretty busy, to say the least.
- And of course August we will have to be getting all three of the kids ready for school!! Craziness for sure.
See? So much to be excited for :)