I really love food. Apparently, too much food can be a bad thing. I hear exercise can counteract that problem. I run so I can eat. Thus, I love to run.
Look at that fabulous sweat necklace!
I did not want to run today. At all. I was this close to taking a short nap before work instead of running. But, of course I had checked Tumblr and knew Bryon had already gotten his run in. I knew Melissa most certainly got her run in. And I knew a whole schlew of you would be posting about your runs soon enough.
I didn’t have to run far. I just had to run SOMETHING. So, I picked myself up and threw some shorty shorts on and got out the door.
Classy Girls by Lumineers started playing in my ears. That brought a smile to my face.
I stood in my driveway facing the road. I stretched a bit. I centered myself. I breathed a deep breath in. I began.
Stiff, slow, sluggish. But, I was running.
I was thirsty, tired, and oh so hungry. But, I was running.
Florence and The Machine reminded me that the Dog Days Are Over. I kept running. I started to feel like I wanted to keep going and going.
Salt N Pepa? Really. Ok, let’s Shoop. Not even a mile done. How could I have been on my third song already? Ok, maybe I don’t want to keep going and going.
Noah and the Whale. Ok, let’s slow it down a bit. My Door is Always Open. Center yourself again, Kari.
Middle of the second mile. Sorry Miss Jackson, I am for real! I really did not mean to make your daughter cry.
End of mile two. 3:30 minute work phone call. Thus the 11 minute split. I just walked while talking and didn’t pause my runkeeper.
Starting running again and of course it felt easier after a little walk break. Florence did tell me to Shake It Out though.
And to bring it on home Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood. I’m happy, I’m feeling glad. I got sunshine in a bag.
I had to run past my house to make my 3 miles. And then I sprinted home. How my sprint makes a 15:16 split is beyond me. Even if you factor me stopping and turning around…no.
Get your runs in, folks :)
- sherjan likes this
- cloudsofmercury reblogged this from karikeepsrunning and added:
- cloudsofmercury likes this
- breatherunlive likes this
- eclipsenikkie likes this
- grandmadeb likes this
- angeldrinkstea likes this
- uhoh-janellio likes this
- rookcanrun likes this
- shortmom likes this
- clevcrew likes this
- seechrisrun likes this
- 273pounds likes this
- funhappylife2 likes this
- mantarei87 likes this
- thisfearlesslife likes this
- keepingupwithmcjones likes this
- rasmtazberry24 said:Nice job!!
- rasmtazberry24 likes this
- milesofbooks said:"Sweat necklace"…my favorite piece of jewelry.
- chelsearuns likes this
- milesofbooks likes this
- sarahsrunningbucketlist likes this
- pondera likes this
- knitruneatrepeat likes this
- malloryrunsthis likes this
- happyhealthycook said:One of the best running posts ever. Love. :D
- see-em-run likes this
- whitneyrunson said:We had lots of Florence + the Machine in spin this morning. :)
- whitneyrunson likes this
- brownfamilyfarm likes this
- runlong likes this
- bethanydoeslife likes this
- spin-stir likes this
- tinkerbellrun likes this
- turtleseyeview likes this
- runningwithpump likes this
- karikeepsrunning posted this