I really love food. Apparently, too much food can be a bad thing. I hear exercise can counteract that problem. I run so I can eat. Thus, I love to run.
~These shoes will work well for night running, right?
~And apparently my “No, I’m not taking a selfie….”, look.
The skies cleared up at cheer practice and it didn’t look like they were going to end practice early, so I took off on my run. I ran home, changed shoes, got Charly a hoody and then ran back…and then ran a bit more.
New shoes vs. old shoes - a lot better :) My feet were happy.
Charly got her uniform in time for their first game tomorrow then we came home.
The kids had a snack. I got some snuggles in with Peyten. And then they went to bed.
I took a shower. Cut my hair. Heated up some dinner. Poured a glass of wine.
Now I am relaxing with Nate in the living room. He is watching football (and playing on his iPod) and I am going to catch up on a bit of work.
Tomorrow is Friday. No run scheduled. Just work and then the football game. A home game against Fennville. Apparently they expect to win…we will see ;)
Oh, I almost forgot. I got two more “simple pleasures” during my run tonight:
1. When I was almost home, I looked at the pickle field across the street from our house. They had the huge sprinklers going and there was a rainbow right in the water. Moving as the water moved. It was just gorgeous. I didn’t even attempt a picture because I knew it wouldn’t do it justice.
2. As I was nearing a house, a little boy (3 or 4 yrs old) came down to the end of the driveway. He was facing the other direction, but turned his head back to me and started to run in place. Moving his arms like mine. It was too cute.
- malloryrunsthis likes this
- whitneyrunson said:Wait…what is a pickle field? Do they grow cucumbers there? *confused*
- whitneyrunson likes this
- sabbyrunsatl likes this
- rasmtazberry24 likes this
- shortmom likes this
- matteostori likes this
- knitruneatrepeat likes this
- eclipsenikkie likes this
- high-heel-mileage likes this
- grandmadeb said:Oh, just remembered a simple pleasure that I had on Sunday. I walked into Jimmy’s Egg and my friend and her husband were there with their 11 month old Presleigh. She saw me and her face lit up and she started waving. So cute that she recognized me
- shufflingalong likes this
- alierunninginthemitten likes this
- grandmadeb likes this
- angeldrinkstea likes this
- runningonstrong likes this
- becky-balances likes this
- iwatchtheworldoutside likes this
- thehomecookrunner likes this
- happyhealthycook likes this
- seechrisrun likes this
- nowforthefunpart likes this
- chrystidoeslife likes this
- clevcrew likes this
- runningwithpump likes this
- two-o-nine likes this
- karikeepsrunning posted this